Georgia Tech Web Design ContractGeorgia Tech Web Design Contract
This page details the Georgia Tech Web Design Contract active as of January 2015.
What is the Georgia Tech Web Design Contract?
The Georgia Tech Web Design Contract allows units on campus to request and receive web design and development work through pre-approved suppliers without having to go through the usual RFP process for selecting and working with a supplier. This allows for campus web projects to be initiated faster and to work with suppliers that understand Georgia Tech's web infrastructure, platforms, and restrictions.
Georgia Tech Web Design Documents & Updates
The Georgia Tech Campus Web Suppliers website houses documentation, updates, and details for both on-campus units and off-campus pre-approved web suppliers.
Web Design Contract Sub-Topics
Starting the Web Design ProcessStarting the Web Design Process
In January 2015, Georgia Tech finalized the Small Web Project Specification and Large Web Project Specification. This change drastically simplifies and accelerates the process for evaluating and selecting suppliers for web development work.
Please note that you must complete the BuzzMart training before you can view, evaluate, and select a supplier in BuzzMart. The training takes approximately 1 hour to complete for Shopper access. See details at Procurement's website.
For questions about completing the training, contact Procurement & Business Services.
Selecting a Supplier
To view suppliers for a small or large web project, follow the directions below:
- Log in to TechWorks.
- From the TechWorks homepage, select the 'Access Buzzmart' icon from the middle column.
- From the left black bar, select the shopping cart icon ('Shop') and select 'Browse By -> Contracts'.
- On the Search for Contract page, type 'web' for Contact Keyword and click Search.
- On the results page, all suppliers with contracts of "Web Design Project - Small/Large Job" are Georgia Tech contracted suppliers.
- Click the contract number to view the Contract Summary.
- Each contract contains a SUPPLIER GENERAL INFORMATION WORKSHEET. Supplier information (email, phone) will be available for you to contact the supplier and initiate a job. You may contact the Contract Owner (Teresa Holcomb) to discuss how to select between suppliers.
- It is recommended for any job greater than $10,000 you request a quote from multiple suppliers.
- Services of $5,000 or greater require an approved CTR.
For any questions about this process, contact Purchasing at Procurement & Business Services @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting the Project
Once the supplier has been selected, initiating the project is just a few steps:
- First, ensure that the estimate you received from the supplier matches the pricing matrix for the supplier listed on BuzzMart. This is required for initiating the project and will be denied if the pricing does not match.
- The Business Partner/Contact for your unit must create a Requisition Request in BuzzMart.
- Once the Requisition Request has been approved, a Purchase Order will be assigned to the project, and work can begin with the supplier.
- Institute Communications recommends that any large web design project first meet with them to discuss any resources for branding, theming, and additional assets. Contact your Client Manager to begin this process.
- Scope changes, additional work over the estimation process will require the re-submission of documents (CTR, Requisition Request) to match the updated costs.
Large Project SuppliersLarge Project Suppliers
A large RFP project is defined as a project requiring multiple areas of feedback and deliverables, large development, and long-scoped projects. These projects usually cost more than $25,000.
An example of this project is:
Complete redesign of an existing site using Drupal 7
Large Project Suppliers
- Enablus LLC
- Mediacurrent Interactive Solutions
- Simply Web Inc
- TBS Communications Inc (dba)
- Whats Up Interactive LLC
Small Project SuppliersSmall Project Suppliers
A small RFP project is defined as a project requiring a simple web-related task to be completed. These projects usually cost less than $25,000.
An example of this project is:
Migration of an existing site to Drupal 7
Small Project Suppliers
- Not yet available.
Supplier Scores & PricesSupplier Scores & Prices
In order to assist web projects in determining the RFP scores (technical prowess and expertise) and pricing matrix (pricing scales), an extra document has been added to each supplier contract on BuzzMart.
Each supplier contract on Techworks has a document titled [SUPPLIER NAME] Pricing Matrix & RFP Scores. This document contains (in order):
- A pricing matrix provided by the supplier listing suggested pricing for example projects.
- A scoring matrix of the supplier compared to all similar suppliers on the project list.
Please note that a high cost score on the scoring matrix translates to a lower cost supplier.