PWP accounts are all handled through your GT Account usernames and passwords (sites do not have a local administrative user account like traditional stand-alone WordPress sites will have).
The person who creates a PWP site will automatically have administrative access, and can also add other Georgia Tech users with various levels of access.
To add a new user
To add a new user to your PWP website, complete the following:
- Log into your site and go to the administrative dashboard.
- Look for and select Users on the left-hand administrative menu column (usually about half-way down the list of menu options).
- Several new options will appear on the left-hand menu under Users. Look for and select Add Georgia Tech User.
- Enter the new user's GT Account Username or primary email address (email@example.com)
- Select a role for the user. "Administrator" will give the user the same full access that you have. Here are the other roles defined:
- Don't forget to select the Add User button to finish the process.
Site access cleanup
It is also a good idea to periodically look over the list of users for your site and disable any who should no longer have access (e.g. student assistants who have graduated and left Georgia Tech).
While you can delete an old user, it is recommended to change their user account role to "Subscriber" to effectively disable their access. This is because if you delete a user who created content, you'll no longer have any indication of which content was created or modified by that user. The content itself will remain, but WordPress will force you to reassign it to someone else when you delete the user who originally created it.