A Quick Guide to Resources for Webmasters
Welcome to the online resource center for web developers at Georgia Tech!
This site is targeted towards anyone at Georgia Tech who builds or supports the websites of a campus unit. However, anyone on campus (or beyond) is welcome to browse our knowledge base, where we strive to archive how-to guides, tips, tricks, and other resources for the Georgia Tech web development community.
The twelve step guide below will give you quick access to many popular topics, but you can also browse the knowledge base directly, and if you are a Georgia Tech community member, you can add and update knowledge base pages as well. Be sure to check the Web channel of the Internet of People team in Microsoft Teams for announcements and discussions of web on campus.
The Twelve Step Guide to Georgia Tech Website Development
- Understand Campus Policies
- Create a Design and Development Strategy
- Identify Development Resources
- Select Your Web Hosting
- Select Your Content Management System
- Visual Theming / Branding
- Data Integration
- Remote Service Integration
- Google (Search, Analytics, etc.)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Recommended Tools and Services
- Expand Your Knowledge
- On-Campus Training Sessions
- Conferences and User Groups